Insecticides Act, 1968 and Insecticides Rules 1971 regulates the import, manufacture, storage, sale, transport, distribution and use of insecticides/pesticides with a view to prevent risk to human beings or animals.
All insecticides/pesticides have to register with the Central Insecticides Board & Registration Committee (CIB&RC) before use or sale.
Registration of Insecticides/ Pesticides:
Registration of Insecticides/Pesticides is controlled by the Central Government and manufacturing license, formulation and sale are dealt with at the State level.
- Any person desiring to import or manufacture any insecticide/pesticide may apply to the Registration Committee for the registration.
- On receipt of such application, the Committee after an inquiry and after satisfying itself that the insecticide/pesticide to which the application relates conforms to the claims made by the importer or by the manufacturer and on payment of a fee allot a registration number and issue a certificate of registration in token thereof within a period of twelve months from the date of receipt of the application.
- The Committee may refuse to register the insecticide, if the precaution claimed by the application involves serious risk to human beings or animals.
- An appeal against any decision of the Registration Committee under section 9 shall be made in writing in duplicate to the Central Government in the Department of Agriculture.
- Every appeal shall be accompanied by a treasury challan evidencing the payment of fee and a copy of the decision appealed against.
- Online registration service is also available for the ease of the applicant for which his PAN is required.
Three types of Registration:
- Regular (original) Registration u/s 9(3) – after submission of complete data to the satisfaction of the Registration Committee.
- Provisional Registration u/s 9(3b) – If an Insecticide is being introduced for the first time in India, Registration Committee may register it provisionally for a period of 2 years.
- Repeat or ‘Me Too’ registration under Section 9 (4) – on the basis and same conditions as those of original registration.
Online registration of Pesticides:
Computerized Registration of Pesticides (CROP) is a web-based application for Registration of Pesticides developed for the Central Insecticides Board and Registration Committee. The application is supposed to automate the entire registration procedure.
The highlights of the application are summarized below:
- Online Application for Registration of Pesticides under 9(3) & 9(3b).
- On line status checking.
- Frequent email notification to the applicant at certain milestone of the registration process till Deficiency Reporting & Approval.
- Online application for the grievances.
Services we offer: