BASIC REGISTRATION: For Sales upto 12 lakhs
STATE LICENSE: For Sales of 12 lakhs- 20 crores
CENTRAL LICENSE- For Sales> 20 crores
fssai Central License
Mind Sync has set a benchmark for fastest delivery of FSSAI Central license
BASIC REGISTRATION: For Sales upto 12 lakhs
(Rs.1,000/- for 30 minutes)
License for commencing or carrying on food business, which falls under Schedule 1 of the Food Safety and Standrds (Licensing and Registration of Food Businesses) Regulation, 2011 shall be granted by the Central Licensing Authority.
List of food business falling under the purview of Central Licensing Authority
- Dairy units including milk chilling units equipped to handle or process more than 50,000 litres of liquid milk/day or 2500 MT of milk solid per annum.
- Vegetable oil processing units and units producing vegetable oil by the process of solvent extraction and refineries including oil expeller unit having installed capacity more than 2 MT per day.
- All slaughter houses equipped to slaughter more than 50 large animals or 150 or more small animals including sheep and goats or 1000 or more poultry birds per day.
- Meat processing units equipped to handle or process more than 500 kg of meat per day or 150 MT per annum.
- All food processing units other than mentioned under (I) to (IV) including relabellers and repackers having installed capacity more than 2 MT/day except grains, cereals and pulses milling units.
- 100 % Export Oriented Units.
- All Importers importing food items including food ingredients and additives for commercial use.
- All food business operators manufacturing any article of food containing ingredients or substances or using technologies or processes or combination thereof whose safety has not been established through these regulations or which do not have a history of safe use or food containing ingredients which are being introduced for the first time into the country.
- Food Business Operator operating in two or more states.
- Food catering services in establishments and units under Central government Agencies like Railways, Air and airport, Seaport, Defence, etc.
Provided further that no person shall manufacture, import, sell, stock, exhibit for distribution or sale any article of food which has been subjected to the treatment of irradiation, except under a license obtained from Department of Atomic Energy under the Atomic Energy (Control of Irradiation of Food) Regulations, 1996.
An application for the grant of a license shall be made in Form B and it will be accompanied by a self-attested declaration in the prescribed format copies of documents along with the applicable fees prescribed.
When the Food Business Operator can start his Business?
A license shall be issued by the concerned Licensing Authority within a period of 60 days from the date of issue of an application ID number.
If, upon scrutiny of the application within 15 days from the date of receipt of the application, the concerned Licensing Authority requires any additional information with respect to an application or if the application is incomplete, the Licensing Authority shall inform the applicant in writing, to furnish such additional information or complete the application, as the case may be, within 30 days from such notice. In case the applicant fails to furnish the required information within the stipulated time of 30 days, the application for license shall stand rejected.
After the issue of Application ID number the Licensing Authority may direct the Food Safety Officer or any other person or agency specially designated for such functions to inspect the premises in the manner prescribed by the Food Safety and Standard Authority of India in accordance with these Regulations. Such Inspecting Officer or person may issue a notice to the applicant, if it deems fit, guiding food business operator on necessary steps to be taken or changes or alteration to be made in the premises in order to ensure general sanitary and hygienic conditions.
The applicant shall carry out the required steps, changes or alterations and intimate the Licensing Authority within 30 days or such period as may be allowed by the Licensing Authority. Within a period of 30 days from receipt of an inspection report excluding the time taken by the applicant in complying with the advice, if any, given in the inspection report and verification thereof, the concerned Licensing Authority shall consider the application and may either grant license or reject the application. Before refusing license an applicant shall be given an opportunity of being heard and the reasons for refusal shall be recorded in writing.
The Licensing Authority shall issue a License, a true copy of which shall be displayed at a prominent place at all times within the premises where the Food Business Operator carries on the food business.
An applicant may commence his food business and the concerned licensing Authority shall not deny the applicant to commence such business if, from the date of making the completed application, a license is not issued within 60 days or the applicant has not received any intimation of inadequacy or inspection report indicating defects from the concerned Licensing Authority.
Designated Officer appointed by the Chief Executive Officer of the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India.
Do you have any queries?
Contact us on email@example.com
This information is in summary form and is therefore intended for general guidance only. It is not intended to be a substitute for detailed research or the exercise of professional judgment. Mind Sync does not accept any responsibility for loss occasioned to any person acting or refraining from action as a result of any information provided herein. On any specific matter, reference should be made to the appropriate advisor.
- FSSAI Central License for five star hotels, large food transporters, manufacturers, distributors, and retailers.
- Package Includes
- FSSAI Central License Certificate (1 year)
- Dedicated FSSAI Consultant
(Prices are exclusive of GST)